Xi-Fit

Xi-Fit

Friday, April 12, 2013

2013 Crossfit Open Reflection

After the 2013 Crossfit Open,  I would like to give a little analysis.   The workouts of 2013 where quite simular to the workouts of 2012.   13.3 was an exact repeat of 12.4.   13.1 was a combination of 12.1 and 12.3.   In two Opens there has been no running, rope climb, rowing, sumo dl high pulls, overhead squats, handstand push-ups, or kettle bell swings.   One must understand the limit of selection of movements due to the need of video submissions and the fact that most home gym people do not have $1000 row machines.    So, for those of us who want to be more competitive in the Open, we will need to focus more on the movements subject to be in the Open.

How did I do in the Open ( I compared myself to age group 45-50 worldwide)
13.1    I would have been on page 5 out of 42 = 83% (burpees, snatches)
           This was my best performance eventhough, I was still sick at the time.
13.2    page 14 of 42= 66%   (push-press, deadlift, box jumps)
            This one should have been my best but it was not.   Box jumps killed me on this. Surprising.
13.3    page 12 of 42 = 71%  (150 wallball, 90 dle unders, m-ups)
             I thought my performance on this one was terrible.  I can improve this one by a lot.
13.4     page 10 of 42 = 75% (clean and jerk, toes to bar)
            I need to do more clean and jerk at high frequency.
13.5      NA     A small muscle pull will put you out.

We did video my workouts, which was a good experience. I would like to thank those that helped.    We will be prepared for next year if anyone wants to compete.   I am very hopeful for next years Open. 

How to prepare for next year?
Lots of wallball, burpees, floor to overhead, thrusters, toes to bar, chest to bar, muscle-ups, deadlifts, and box jumps.

If you could care less about the Crossfit Open, that is Ok.  I will always try to keep our workouts fresh and interesting.

BrianJ

           

   

No comments:

Post a Comment