Xi-Fit

Xi-Fit

Monday, March 17, 2014

14.3 Results

14.3 was just a grunt work WOD.    The key was getting to the (275 lb/ 185 lb) dead lifts and getting through them as far as possible.

For me, Brian, with a score of 110, placed me 1053 in the world.  Mark also got 110.  I did not quite get to 111 by just a fraction of a second.   The one rep would have gained me about 100 positions.  My box jumps need to be faster; however, 20 reps of 275 lbs was about my limit any way.  Overall, my standings are 716 in the world in my age group.   That puts me in the top 15%. 

As a bench mark, my max 1 rep dead lift 2.5 years ago was 295 lbs. and that was even after I had been doing these workouts for 6 months.   I encourage everyone to reflect on where they were when they first started our MultiFit work outs.   I have seen huge improvements in everyone.   Never be discouraged by the progress of others.  Always be encouraged by your own progress.    Remember, your toughest opponent is yourself.

I did view a video of someone who got a score of 136 on 14.3.  They did step-ups and hit the weights very hard on the floor during the dead lifts.   Our soft floor is a big disadvantage.  In my opinion he was bouncing the weights.  His "box jumps" were very fast due to step ups and the fact that he was tall.

We need to improve on our box jump speed.  I have some techniques that we need to train with to help our speed.   Our dead lifts seem to be relatively strong.

Also, I hope every one will allow me to review the workout standards before we do a competition WOD.    Competition workouts require a little bit of thought and strategy, especially, when you must change weights.   All good.  Learning as we go.


Brian J

No comments:

Post a Comment